We have a lot to be proud of as a PTA! Through the work of many hands and much effort, we sponsor many programs and events that benefit all Fremont students, classrooms, staff, and families – our community. Can you help? Go to: http://fremont-pta.org/join-us/volunteer-opportunities/.
- Chess Club: Meets 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.
- Days of Taste: A 4th grade, 2-day field trip teaching nutrition. Involves tasting, visit to community garden & farmers’ market, as well as meal preparation. Happens in October.
- Health & Safety: Provides emergency kits for every student on site.
- Home Reading Club: Each student is given a new or gently used book if they complete their reading commitment each month and submit reading log to teacher.
- Organic Garden: Students plan, work, and harvest the organic garden. Huge effort by 5th Grade teacher Mrs. Edwards. PTA funds necessary supplies.
- Popsicles: Weekly tradition after school on Thursdays. Students may purchase popsicles.
- Reflections Art Showcase: Students are invited to interpret the national theme through visual arts, music, dance, photography, literature, or video. Projects due early November.
- Science Fair: Annual event. All students may participate.
- Spanish Club: Currently inactive club. Need volunteer to chair.
- Theatre Program: All students’ welcome to join our annual school production. Huge volunteer endeavor on day of show and in the weeks prior. Fall rehearsals. Performances in January.
- Writers Club: Meets 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Blood Drive: Sue Shrickel Memorial Annual Red Cross Blood Drive is held every October.
- Book Fair: Two Scholastic fairs each year. All profit from the Fall book fair is given to teachers to spend on books and supplies for their classroom.
- Carnival: Fun, family day in May! Games, food, music, and more.
- Childcare during PTA Meetings: Kids’ Club staff is paid by the PTA to offer childcare for all meetings.
- Community Events: Free, school-wide, family events hosted by the PTA. i.e. Family Movie Night.
- Community Service/Helping Hands: Service opportunities for your family in the Long Beach community, as well as for the school.
- Falcon Flyer newsletter & weekly email blasts: School events, programs, and news.
- Fall & Spring Socials: Community building potluck dinners with your Fremont family. Music, paper goods, and beverage provided by PTA.
- Family Nights: Scheduled nights for school at restaurant/skating rink. We receive a percentage of business generated by Fremont families.
- Founders’ Day: Annual celebration of volunteer efforts and PTA establishment at Fremont.
- Hospitality: Beginning of the year staff breakfast, holiday luncheon, and staff appreciation week luncheon.
- New Family Orientation: All new families are invited to learn about Fremont.
- Lab Night: Annual family event held in early spring. Focus on science & technology activities and family fun! Event typically celebrates the achievements of the SOS community campaign.
- Legislation: A large part of PTA is advocating for educational and child-related policies. Periodically legislative alerts are emailed out and some sort of action is requested from members.
- Membership: Gives you the opportunity to have a say in what happens at your child’s school, as well as enrollment in the largest national child advocacy group. Join PTA at any time!
- Parent Education Events: Opportunities for informative speakers for parents. Ideas welcome!
- Screen Free Week: Family nights out, sunset walks, adults vs. student’s trivia contest.
- PTA Website: Main source of PTA information.
- Assemblies: School-wide fun & educational assemblies.
- Author’s Days: Children’s authors invited to Fremont to present assemblies to our students. Know a children’s author? Let us know!
- Class Parties: Provides $5 per student toward classroom parties, project supplies, etc.
- Classroom Aides: PTA funds college aides to assist teachers by working with students.
- Classroom Set Up: Each teacher receives $200 for supplies for their classroom.
- Field Trips: Each grade level receives a budget to fund 1-2 field trips per school year.
- Library Liaison & Support: PTA provides new books ordered by the librarian as needed.
- Meet the Masters: School-wide monthly program exposing students to the history of master artists and giving them the opportunity to try various art techniques themselves.
- Music: Scholarships offered for students who need instruments.
- Playground Activities/Supplies: Funds for playground equipment, maintenance, games, etc.
- Room Parents: PTA coordinates class volunteers as liaison between teacher, parents and PTA.
- School Beautification: Landscaping around school is enhanced through volunteer efforts.
- School Photos: PTA volunteers work day of photos to facilitate children through process.
- Science Lab, Supplies & Instruction: Annual SOS check drive funds our credentialed teacher and lab costs like animal care and supplies.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Celebration of teachers and staff, with some events scheduled by PTA and others by classroom parents.
- Teacher of the Year Essay Program: An opportunity for students and parents to submit an essay about any teacher they’d like. Winning Fremont essay progresses to District level.
- Technology Lab, Supplies & Instruction: Annual SOS check drive funds our credentialed teacher and lab costs like ink cartridges and other support.
- Walk through California & Walk through the American Revolution: 4th & 5th graders participate in these dynamic and interactive living history workshops.
Sources of Funding:
- Jog-a-thon: Primary fundraiser for PTA programs! We don’t participate in sales fundraisers, but instead focus all of our energy on this healthy, fun, community event. Huge volunteer endeavor required on day of event.
- Box Tops: Every family has the opportunity to make Fremont money!
- Business Partners: Numerous local businesses have partnered with and given back to Fremont.
- Direct Donations: Received from businesses and individuals of the local community each year.
- Grant Writing: Help needed finding and writing grants to fund school programs, such as science and technology. You won’t be starting from scratch; there is a great deal of quality written material!
- Rebates: Shop Amazon through our link and Fremont PTA gets a %. Register your grocery shopping cards and Target Red Card and the Fremont PTA receives rebates. Visit Fremont-pta.org for more.
- Silent Auction: Volunteers coordinate event, solicit donations, & work during event. Classrooms participate with donation of theme baskets. Takes place on Carnival day.
- SOS Campaign: Annual fundraising effort funds 100% of both Computer and Science Labs, lab supplies and a credentialed teacher for each lab.
- Spirit Wear: Fremont logo wear is available year round.
If you have any questions about any of these programs/events, please contact us at email@example.com.
Have an idea for an afterschool club? An assembly? A new program? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.