The 2017 Jog-A-Thon is right around the corner! On Friday, October 27th, we will have Fremont PTA’s single largest annual fundraiser. 100% of the funds raised at this event will go to Fremont school programs. We hope you not only support this event, but also come on the day to volunteer and cheer the kids on!
You can sign up to volunteer on-line through Signup.com, it’s fast and easy!
Every Student who participates will be awarded a JAT t-shirt. Additional participation prizes are earned based on total donations earned. (See below for prize levels.) In addition, those students who jog the most laps per grade, or sign up the most donors and/or raise the most money will be entered into a separate GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE. The Awards Assembly and Big Red Bus ride will be held on Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017.
INCENTIVE PRIZE LEVELS:
$ 15 – A certificate for a FREE Popsicle.
$ 25 – All of the above, plus a FREE Hot Cocoa at Viento y Agua.
$ 50 – All of the above, plus a FREE pass to Golf N Stuff.
$ 75 – All of the above, plus a FREE JAT 2017 drawstring backpack2016 zippered pencil case.
$100 – All of the above, plus a FREE dress day
$150 – All of the above, plus a FREE homework pass and a cookie from Scratch Baked Goods.
$250 – All of the above, plus a ride on the BIG RED BUS!!!
$500 – All of the above, plus a group party at Inspyr Arts, AND ENTRY into the GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE!!!
GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE:
1. TOP JOGGERS – Jogging the most laps (1 boy & 1 girl) per grade.
2. TOP FUNDRAISER – Raising the most money per grade.
3. TOP TOTAL NUMBER OF DONORS – Signing up the most donors.
CLASS PRIZES TOO:
1. The class that turns in ALL their permission slips first gets a Popcorn Party!
2. The class that JOGS the most laps gets an Ice Cream Party!
3. The class that RAISES the most money gets a Pizza Party!
DONATE ANY AMOUNT
We accept donations in 3 ways: Check, Pledgestar and Paypal:
Checks should be made out to the child’s parent or guardian, and they will, in turn, write one check to the “FREMONT PTA”. It’s that easy! We appreciate donations at any level and all donations are tax deductible. Tax receipts for donors are provided inside the JAT envelope (please photocopy as needed.)
For our Jog-A-Thon this year, we’re using an awesome web based fundraising system that makes it much easier for you to request pledges from your family and friends, and for them to make secure credit card donations online. It’s fun, it’s easy, and people who use it typically raise twice as much as those who don’t!
• Go to http://pledgestar.com/fremont
• Enter your name and email address, then click Register
• Follow the instructions on-screen
When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends, and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online.
Or Use Paypal! You can enter your donation amount after pushing the donate button. On the final checkout page, please put the name and grade of the sponsored student to make sure they receive credit. You need to click on the place that reads “Sponsored Student(s) Name and Grade”.
By Inceptive Level:
TO QUALIFY FOR PRIZES, ALL MONIES FROM JOG-A-THON PLEDGES MUST BE TURNED IN
NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2017!
Why does Fremont have the Jog-A-Thon?
Funding for California’s schools continues to be low, and it is harder every year to keep the important programs we have at Fremont going. As a result, we need your support now more than ever. Families, teachers, staff, and the local community have historically donated money to support of our school. The PTA is able to fund the following programs due to your generosity and support:
- Field Trips & on campus organic garden
- Educational Assemblies and Author’s Days
- Meet the Masters art enrichment program
- Classroom Aides for Kindergarten through 5th grade classrooms
- Fremont Theater Program
- Home Reading Club
- Books and supplies for our school library
- Classroom set-up budget for teachers
- Fremont PTA is a large donor to the S.O.S. campaign which funds 100% of our Science and Technology (Computer) Labs instruction, supplies, software and printers
In order to continue to provide the above programs, your help is critical. It is time for our school community to ask for donations from our family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, employers and everyone else you can think of who understand the value these programs offer.
Thank you so much for your participation in this fun, healthy, and important fundraising event! Come out to the track and cheer the children on!