Thank YOU to ALL!
Despite the threat of rain, Fremont’s 2016 Jog-A-Thon was a great success! Our Students and Teachers (and Principal!) ran 11,276 enthusiastic laps and over 100 volunteers came out to help tally, hand out water and cheer on our students. It is always an amazing day of support and school spirit. Thank you so much for your participation in this fun, healthy, and important fundraising event!
Additional incentive prizes are earned based on total donations earned. (See below for prize levels.) In addition, those students who jog the most laps per grade, or sign up the most donors and/or raise the most money will be entered into a separate GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE.
INCENTIVE PRIZE LEVELS:
$ 15 – A certificate for a FREE Popsicle.
$ 25 – All of the above, plus a FREE Hot Cocoa at Viento y Agua.
$ 50 – All of the above, plus a FREE pass to Golf N Stuff.
$ 75 – All of the above, plus a FREE JAT 2016 zippered pencil case.
$100 – All of the above, plus a FREE dress day
$150 – All of the above, plus a FREE homework pass and a cookie from Scratch Baked Goods.
$250 – All of the above, plus a ride on the BIG RED BUS!!!
$500 – All of the above, plus a group party at Inspyr Arts, AND ENTRY into the GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE!!!
GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE :
1. TOP JOGGERS – Jogging the most laps (1 boy & 1 girl) per grade.
2. TOP FUNDRAISER – Raising the most money per grade.
3. TOP TOTAL NUMBER OF DONORS – Signing up the most donors.
CLASS PRIZES TOO:
1. The class that turns in ALL their permission slips first gets a Popcorn Party! – Congrats to Mrs. Edwards and Mrs. Durrazzo’s classes for tying for the Popcorn party!
2. The class that JOGS the most laps gets an Ice Cream Party! – Congrats to Mrs. Durrazo’s class for funning 1,024 laps!
3. The class that RAISES the most money gets a Pizza Party!
Why does Fremont have the Jog-A-Thon?
Funding for California’s schools continues to be low, and it is harder every year to keep the important programs we have at Fremont going. As a result, we need your support now more than ever. Families, teachers, staff, and the local community have historically donated money to support of our school. The PTA is able to fund the following programs due to your generosity and support:
- Field Trips & on campus organic garden
- Educational Assemblies and Author’s Days
- Meet the Masters art enrichment program
- Classroom Aides for Kindergarten through 5th grade classrooms
- Fremont Theater Program
- Home Reading Club
- Books and supplies for our school library
- Classroom set-up budget for teachers
- Fremont PTA is a large donor to the S.O.S. campaign which funds 100% of our Science and Technology (Computer) Labs instruction, supplies, software and printers
In order to continue to provide the above programs, your help is critical. It is time for our school community to ask for donations from our family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, employers and everyone else you can think of who understand the value these programs offer.
Thank you so much for your participation in this fun, healthy, and important fundraising event! Come out to the track and cheer the children on!