Fremont’s Fall Book Fair is fast approaching:
Friday, September 12 –
Friday, September 19th!
If you like previewing new books and getting to know students, paretns and teachers, we have a job for you!
Please take a look at the list of available times and contact Kelly Sullivan at KSullivan211@verizon.net if you’d like to work a shift at the book fair.
Proceeds benefit teacher classrooms!
Book Fair Co-Chair
Don’t Throw That Used Backpack Away Just Yet!
What we need most are “Gently Used Backpacks.” If you are getting rid of the backpack you (or your children) have used all school year, I would like to invite you to donate it. Please drop off the backpack at the Fremont office.
The office will be open beginning Tuesday, August 26th. It is open from 7:30 to 3:30. If you would like to do more to help, we also need toiletries, non-perishable food (Breakfast/snack bars, Peanut butter…) H20, juice boxes, socks, washcloths, etc…
Thank you so much, in advance!
Helping Hands Liaison
The School Supply Purchase Program is Back!
Orders will now be accepted through the first week of school!
Ever dreamed of having a personal shopper? The PTA is offering you just that…someone to purchase your school supplies for next year!
Here’s how it works…
- The teachers have created new supply lists for grades 2-5. (Click on the links below to see grade-specific supply lists.) While a few additional items may be asked for by your child’s teacher, the lists are comprehensive.
- Orders may be placed NOW through Friday, September 5, 2014. Go to: http://www.brickbybrickfund.org. Once redirected to the site, select “Fremont Elementary School, Long Beach” and then follow the prompts to place your order. If you have no access to a computer, please contact Jean Newkirk at the number below, for assistance.
- A local company will purchase everything on your student’s list and will deliver it to your home before school begins. You select the date of delivery during the ordering process. (Personal care items will come separate from school supply items.)
- Payments with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal are accepted. The cost of the supplies averages 50% below retail prices. A delivery fee of $6 is charged for all orders.
- PTA will receive $10 from every kit sold.
****In addition to the grade level supply kits, please consider ordering a kit for a student at Bethune School (Long Beach Unified School District school serving homeless children). You’ll find the option listed with the grade level kits. PTA will not receive any proceeds from sales of Bethune kits.
Convenience! Affordability! A good cause!
Contact Jean Newkirk (JeanNewkirk@earthlink.net or 562.243.1939) with any questions.
2nd Grade Kits from Brick by Brick School Supply Program
3rd Grade Kits from Brick by Brick School Supply Program
4th Grade Kits from Brick by Brick School Supply Program
5th Grade Kits from Brick by Brick School Supply Program